Dr Richard Walshaw
- Position: Electron Optics Experimental Officer
- Areas of expertise: electron microscopy, microanalysis.
- Email: R.D.Walshaw@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2393
- Location: B.47j School of Chemical and Process Engineering
I manage the School of Earth and Environment's Electron Optics Unit which comprises two SEMs and an EPMA and forms part of the Leeds Electron Microscopy and Spectroscopy Centre (LEMAS). We offer access, training and support on a complimentary suite of EM equipment which includes: SEM, TEM, FIB, EPMA, EDS, WDS, EBSD, CL and EELS.
Before taking a post at the University of Leeds I was a mass spectrometer engineer.
- Electron Microscopy Lab Manager
Application of SEM and EPMA to geological analysis.
- PhD, Isotope Geochemistry of Irish Carbonate-Hosted Base Metal Deposts, University College Dublin
- MSc, Geochemistry, University of Leeds
- BSc, Applied Geology, University of Leicester
- European Microbeam Analysis Society
- JEOL UK EPMA User Group (Founder Member)
- Leeds Ores and Mineralisation Group (OMG)
- EM UK (Facility Manager's Group)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Applied Geoscience
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics
- Ores and Mineralization