Dr Lina Brand Correa
- Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: social aspects of energy use; energy and development; human well-being; participatory methods; exergy; energy return on energy invested (EROI).
- Email: L.I.BrandCorrea@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7966
- Location: 9.123 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the University of Leeds as a PhD student in February 2015 before starting a postdoctoral position in March 2018. I did my MSc in Ecological Economics in The University of Edinburgh, and I have a BA in Economics from the National University of Colombia, Medellín Campus.
I am currently working on the LiLi (Living Well Within Limits) Project, using participatory workshops to analyse the relationship between energy services and human needs in six different case study countries (UK, Germany, Colombia, Vietnam, Zambia and Nepal). This work builds from my PhD project "Following the 'golden thread': exploring the energy dependency of economies and human well-being".<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD, Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
- MSc, Ecological Economics, University of Edinburgh
- BA, Economics, National University of Colombia
- SCORAI - Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Enitiative
- ESEE - European Society for Ecological Economics
- CCCEP - Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy
- PICC - Priestly International Centre for Climate
During the academic year 2018-19, I am module leader for "Tools and Techniques in Ecological Economics".
Research groups and institutes
- Economics and Policy for Sustainability
- Energy and Climate Change Mitigation
- Social and Political Dimensions of Sustainability
- Environment and Development
- Sustainability Research Institute
- Assessing the Energy Return on Investment of future energy systems and implications for the wider economy (EPSRC DTP)