Dr Milan Lazecky
- 2015-2018: postdoctoral researcher and researcher at IT4Innovations HPC center at VSB-TU Ostrava, CZ; projects include works on SAR-based monitoring using interferometry (reaching Czech nation-wide Sentinel-1 InSAR monitoring system, IT4S1) and polarimetry (focus on deforestation monitoring)
- 2014: postdoctoral researcher at UTAD Vila Real, Portugal (project BI/UTAD/RemotWatch/38732/2014: RemotWatch - Alert and Monitoring System for Physical Structures)
- 05-10/2013: postdoctoral researcher at CUHK/PolyU Hong-Kong (application and development of InSAR techniques for infrastructure monitoring)
- 2008-2011: PhD. in Geoinformatics - VSB-TU Ostrava, CZ; thesis: Monitoring of Terrain Relief Changes using Synthetic Aperture Radar Interferometry: Application of SAR Interferometry Techniques in a Specific Undermined Ostrava-Karviná District
- 2003-2008: MSc. in Geoinformatics - VSB-TU Ostrava, CZ; thesis: Data warehouse for Dopravoprojekt, Ltd. (Application combining mapserver based on MapGuide OpenSource with a geodatabase based on MS SQL Server 2005)
- Maintenance and development of LiCS system
Specialization on applications of satellite-borne SAR interferometry mainly for monitoring of subsidence, detection of landslide activity and infrastructure displacements.
Experience in application of SAR polarimetry for detection of forest changes (especially in tropical areas).
Development of Czech nation-wide Sentinel-1 InSAR processing system, and now, support in global tectonics/volcanic InSAR observation system (LiCSAR).
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics