- Position: Communications & Engagement Officer
- Email: S.I.Moore@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 11.115 School of Earth and Environment
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn
Simon is an avid science communicator and climate justice activist. He works part-time at the University to help promote the Place-based Climate Action Network, the Yorkshire and Humber Climate Commission, the Leeds Climate Commission, and the UK Climate Resilience Programme. Simon helps to run multiple social media accounts, websites and newsletters, as well as organising regular public events.
Simon started working at the University of Leeds in 2017 and has since worked for the Priestley International Centre for Climate and in the University’s press office. Alongside his University of Leeds role he works for the project Climate Action Leeds as Admin and Logistics Lead.
Simon is a passionate activist who has supported campaigns such as Extinction Rebellion, Fridays For Future youth climate strikes, and local groups such as Our Future Leeds.
Simon is also a podcaster and contributes episodes to the podcast Climactic, as well as the PCAN Podcast and My Climate Story. He previously hosted a science radio show and live streams for the University, interviewing academics about their work.
When he is not working, Simon can be found playing football, tending to his veg patch, watching Leeds United or moshing at gigs.
- MPhil Biological Anthropoligical Science, University of Cambridge
- BSc Biology (International), University of Leeds
- Stempra (UK STEM Public Relations Association)