Dr David Galbraith
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: climatic sensitivity of tropical forests; impacts of tropical land use change; ecosystem modelling; tropical forest ecology
- Email: D.R.Galbraith@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2730
I am an Associate Professor in Earth System Dynamics. My research focuses on improving our understanding of the biogeochemical cycling and vegetation dynamics of tropical forests and how these processes might be affected by global environmental change.
I have a specific interest in the sensitivity of tropical forests to drought and heat stress, using a range of different approaches, from field-based ecophysiological approaches to dynamic global vegetation modelling.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Impacts of Changes in Land Cover on Ecosystem Function and Climate in Brazil
- TREMOR: Mechanisms and consequences of increasing TREe MORtality in Amazonian rainforests.
Research groups and institutes
- Ecology and Global Change