Creating resilient agri-food systems in sub-Saharan Africa
- Date: Thursday 29 July 2021, 13:00 – 14:30
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
In this free AFRICAP webinar, Chatham House fellows Agatha Kiama and Ndumiso Mazibuko unpack their research on creating resilient agri-food systems in Africa.
Dr Mazibuko will speak to his work on Southern African food systems in light of climate change and Covid-19 while Agatha Kiama will share her research on how learning alliances can best be used as a tool to build agricultural resilience. The event will close with a response from seminar discussant, Hon. Sindiso Ngwenya, and an audience Q&A.
· Ndumiso Mazibuko, Senior Economist, National Agricultural Marketing Council of South Africa
· Agatha Kiama, Research Assistant, Economic and Social Research Foundation of Tanzania
· Hon. Sindiso Ngwenya, Former Secretary General, Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
· Richard King, Senior Research Fellow at Energy, Environment and Resource programme, Chatham House