- Overview: The Haldrup F-55 is a precision plot grass harvester.
- Contact name: Dr Richard Grayson
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 8486
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The harvester is fitted with an integrated Zeiss Corona Extreme Near-Infrared (NIR) spectrophotometer system that measures the intensity of light relative to its wavelength which along with the InProcess software allows real time measurements of dry matter content, protein and other harvest quality indicators.
This is a Natural Environment and Research Council (NERC)-funded purchase based at the University, as part of the White Rose Sustainable Agriculture Consortium and is available to scientists and industry for hire.
- Haldrup F-55 Grass Harvester
- Permanent hydrostatic four-wheel drive
- On-board computer with Harvest Manager software and protocol and label printers
- Integrated Zeiss Corona Extreme NIRS system
- Cutting width 1.51m Adjustable cutting height 1200 l weighing hopper Subsampling system with oil guided weighing cell (+/- 2g)
- Whole crop harvesting of grass and forage, weeds, herbs and spices
- Calculation of post-harvest straw weight
Who can use the facility?
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators.