Rachel is a quantitative human geographer based in the Centre for Spatial Analysis and Policy (CSAP). She teaches on both the Face to Face and Distance Learning MSc courses in Geographical Information Systems. Rachel's research interests include spatial data analytics for food safety, applied GIS and web based mapping. Rachel is undertaking a part time PhD in the Consumer Data Research Centre exploring outbreaks of foodborne illness using online consumer generated data. This project forms part of the Big Data and Food Safety Network, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- June 2013 – present. Teaching Fellow, School of Geography, University of Leeds
- October 2015 – present. PGR Student, Consumer Data Research Centre, Leeds Institute for Data Analytics, University of Leeds.
- 2015 – 2018. Educational Outreach Fellow, School of Geography, University of Leeds
- 2012 - 2013. Geomatics Recruitment and Outreach Officer. School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences. Newcastle University
- 2011 - 2012. Project Assistant and Data Annotator. The Culture Lab, Newcastle University.
- University of Leeds Teaching Award, University of Leeds
- MSc, Computer Science, Newcastle University
- BSc (Hons.) Geographical Information Science, Newcastle University
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Spatial Analysis and Policy