Professor Dan Marsh
- Position: Professor of Comparative Planetary Atmospheres
- Areas of expertise: Planetary atmospheres, climate change, space weather, numerical modelling, atmospheric chemistry, stratosphere/mesosphere.
- Email: D.Marsh@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.29 Priestley Building
- Website: NCAR web page | ORCID
Dan Marsh is a Professor of Comparative Planetary Atmospheres in the School of Physics and Astronomy and the Priestley International Centre for Climate. This is a part time position in Leeds and he also holds a part time position at the National Centre for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder, USA.
Dan's research interests are in planetary atmospheres, whole atmosphere modeling, climate change, upper atmosphere composition and space weather. He conducts basic research on the chemistry and dynamics of the stratosphere and mesosphere, their response to climate change and their influence on tropospheric climate.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Planetary Exploration
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosols