Dr Alex Dunhill
- Position: Associate Professor of Palaeobiology
- Areas of expertise: palaeobiology; palaeoecology; quantitative palaeontology; macroevolution; macroecology; biogeography; mass extinctions
- Email: A.Dunhill@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1288
- Location: 8.145 School of Earth and Environment North Buidling
- Website: Dr Alex Dunhill | Twitter | Googlescholar
I am an Associate Professor of Palaeobiology in the School of Earth and Environment at the University of Leeds.
My research focuses on large scale macroevolutionary and macroecological processes through deep time with a particular emphasis on late Palaeozoic and early Mesozoic mass extinction events and the accuracy of biodiversity data obtained from the fossil record. I am a member of the Earth Surface Science Institute and the Palaeo@Leeds Research Group.
I have a PhD from the University of Bristol and I am a graduate of the University of Sheffield. Prior to my faculty appointment, I was a Leverhulme Early Career Fellow at Leeds and was previously a Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellow in the Milner Centre for Evolution at the University of Bath.
- Programme Leader for Environmental Science
- See personal website for detail https://wordpress.com/view/amdunhill.wordpress.com
- PhD in Geology (University of Bristol)
- MEnvSci (1st class) University of Sheffield
- The Palaeontological Association (Ordinary Council Member)
- Yorkshire Geological Society
Research groups and institutes
- Earth Surface Science Institute