- Programme leader: Food Science and Nutrition
- Job title: Lecturer in Nutritional Physiology
Mark is a lecturer in nutritional physiology in the School of Food Science and Nutrition. His research focuses primarily on the physiological mechanisms of appetite control, and the interaction between diet, physical activity and appetite control. In particular, he is interested in:
- Body composition and energy expenditure as drivers of appetite and food intake.
- Physiological and behavioural responses to dietary and exercise-induced weight loss.
- The interaction between diet, physical activity and appetite control.
- Individual variability in treatment response to weight loss.
Find out more
To find out more about my research and teaching activities visit my staff page.