Dr Declan Finney
Declan is a post-doctoral researcher within the Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science (ICAS) at the University of Leeds. He is currently working on the HyCRISTAL project researching moist convective processes in East Africa using a convection-permitting model applied to present-day and future climates.
An extension to the HyCRISTAL project has been funded, 'Where East meets West: Convection and rainfall over Ethiopia and South Sudan under climate change'. Declan is the Principal Investigator, working with partners in the IGAD Climate Prediction and Applications Centre.
- Tropical meteorology and climate
- Moist convective processes
- Convection-permitting models
- Earth-system models and climate change
- Lightning and its impacts on atmospheric chemistry
- PhD Atmospheric Science, University of Edinburgh
- MPhys Physics, University of Bath
- Associate Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science
- Atmospheric and Cloud Dynamics