Dr. Piyush Srivastava
- Position: Visiting Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Boundary layer meteorology, Parameterization of near-surface turbulence processes
- Email: P.Srivastava@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 11.121
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am currently an Inspire Faculty at the Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation and Management, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India and additionally hold a Visiting Researcher position at the School of Earth and Environment (SEE), University of Leeds, since Jan 2021. Prior to this, I worked as Post Doctoral Research Fellow at SEE from Feb 2019 to Jan 2021 and have been associated with ICAS.
Inspire Faculty (Jan 2021 – cont.) at Centre of Excellence in Disaster Mitigation and Management, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
PDRA ( Feb 2019 – Jan 2021) at School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds, UK
Sr. Project Scientist (May 2018 – Feb 2019) at Centre for Atmospheric Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Project Scientist (May 2017 – May 2018) at Centre for Atmospheric Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India) January 2012-May 2018
M.Sc. in Mathematics (Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India) July 2008-June 2010
B.Sc. in Mathematics and Physics (Kisan PG College, Bahraich, India) July 2004-June 2007
- Improving the surface layer physics in WRF model for efficient estimation of surface fluxes and reduce bias in the model simulated surface variables.
- Turbulence data analysis, estimation of surface fluxes, evaluating the parameterization schemes in numerical weather prediction, climate and air quality models.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science