Dr Anthony Whiteing
- Position: Senior Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: transport economics; freight transport; logistics management
- Email: A.E.Whiteing@its.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5359
- Location: Room 1.01, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
I have been Senior Lecturer at the Institute for Transport Studies, the University of Leeds since April 2004.
I obtained both my Masters in Transport Economics and my Ph.D in freight transport mode choice from the Institute for Transport Studies, working there as Research Fellow in Rail Transport until 1984. I then lectured in economics and logistics management at Huddersfield Polytechnic (subsequently the University of Huddersfield) for twenty years before returning to Leeds in 2004.
- Deputy Director for Student Education
Research Projects and Experience
- Over thirty years research experience in the field of freight transport, particularly relating to mode choice (road v. rail) and the environmental impacts of freight transport operations. Principal Investigator for 'Green Logistics', a four-year project (2006-2010) funded by EPSRC and conducted by a consortium of 6 UK universities headed by Leeds ITS, researching into ways of improving the sustainability of freight transport, logistics and supply chain operations
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD, Freight Transport Mode Choice
- MA Transport Economics
- BSc(Econ) with First Class Honours
- Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
More than 30 years experience of lecturing in economic principles, applied and managerial economics, transport economics, physical distribution management, logistics and supply chain management.
Research groups and institutes
- Economics and Appraisal