- Position: Lecturer in Food Science
- Areas of expertise: Food nanostructures; Nanoscale processing and design; Structural functions in food; Biomimetic membranes; Lipid-polymer hybrid systems; SAXS/WAXS; In-situ structural studies
- Email: A.Sadeghpour@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Amin is a Teaching Fellow with his expertise focusing in food science and processing. He is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy and currently managing modules both, for undergrads on Traditional Alcoholic Beverages and master science students in Food Processing. From 2014 to 2017, Amin was a postdoctoral fellow at the Lipid Biophysics Laboratory of Prof Michael Rappolt at the School of Food Science and Nutrition, and returned to the School after more than 3 years of leading experience as X-ray scattering lab manager at the Center for X-ray analytics at Empa-Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology.
Amin received his PhD in Colloids and Surface Chemistry from the University of Geneva in Switzerland, under the supervision of Prof Michal Borkovec and has also worked as a research associate at the Scattering Methods Laboratory of Prof Otto Glatter at the University of Graz in Austria. Amin has also been the external lecturer at the Biomaterials Science Center of the University of Basel.
Amin’s research focuses on understanding the correlations between the nanostructures in food-related materials and their interactions with the biological environment. He is particularly interested in the design, processing and characterisation of biomimetic systems, i.e., in lipid-polymer hybrid materials with responsive nanoscale hierarchy and controlled functions for applications in food and nutraceutical delivery. His research includes the development and application of in-situ X-ray analytics (SAXS/WAXS) to elucidate the structural dynamics in these advanced materials.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD (Chemistry), University of Geneva, Switzerland (2008-20012)
- MSc (Physical Chemistry), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2004-2006)
- BSc (Chemistry), University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran (2000-2004)
- Marie Curie Alumni Association
- Editorial board of Advances in Biomembranes & Lipid Self Assembly
Research groups and institutes
- Food Colloids and Soft Matter at Interfaces
- Functional Biopolymers for Food and Health
- Digestion and Delivery