Dr Amin Sadeghpour
- Position: Lecturer in Food Science
- Areas of expertise: Food nanostructures; Nanoscale processing and design; Structural functions in food; Biomimetic membranes; Lipid-polymer hybrid systems; SAXS/WAXS; In-situ structural studies
- Email: A.Sadeghpour@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr Amin Sadeghpour is a Lecturer in Food Science and has expertise on Food Nanostructures and Processing. He is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy and the Natural Sciences Link Tutor in our School. Prior to the current appointment, Amin was a Teaching Fellow in Food Processing in School and a Scientist leading X-ray scattering studies at the Center for X-ray Analytics of Empa – Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology.
Amin received his PhD in Colloids and Surface Chemistry from the University of Geneva in Switzerland under the supervision of Prof Michal Borkovec and experienced postdoctoral research positions at the Lipid Biophysics Laboratory of Prof Michael Rappolt in Leeds and the Scattering Methods Laboratory of Prof Otto Glatter at the University of Graz in Austria. Amin has been an external lecturer at the Biomaterials Science Center of the University of Basel.
- Natural Sciences Link Tutor
Amin’s research focuses on understanding the correlations between the soft matter nanostructures and their interactions with the biological environment. He is particularly interested in the design, processing and characterisation of biomimetic systems, i.e., in lipid-polymer hybrid materials with responsive nanoscale hierarchy and controlled functions for applications in food bioprocessing and nutraceutical delivery. His research includes the development and application of in-situ X-ray analytics (SAXS/WAXS) to elucidate the structural dynamics in the advanced materials.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD (Chemistry), University of Geneva, Switzerland
- MSc (Physical Chemistry), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- BSc (Chemistry), University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
- Marie Curie Alumni Association
- Editorial board of Advances in Biomembranes & Lipid Self Assembly
I currently manage modules both for undergrads on Traditional Alcoholic Beverages (FOOD1130-31) and master science students in Food Processing (FOOD5055M).
Other teaching responsibilities include FOOD1040 (Key Industrial Processing Operations for Food), FOOD1210 (Physicochemical Properties of Food), and FOOD3010 (Innovation and Design Principals of Food).
Research groups and institutes
- Food Colloids and Soft Matter at Interfaces
- Functional Biopolymers for Food and Health
- Digestion and Delivery
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/1181-structure-formation-and-functions-in-hybrid-lipid-polymer-electrospun-membranes----">Structure formation and functions in hybrid lipid-polymer electrospun membranes </a></li>