Dr. Evi Paximada
- Position: Lecturer in Food Innovation
- Areas of expertise: Emulsions; colloids; electrospin/electrospraying; encapsulation; delivery of bioactives; food processing; dairy products; polysaccharides; proteins; new product development
- Email: E.Paximada@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1424
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
Evi Paximada graduated with a PhD in Physical Properties of Foods from the Agricultural University of Athens, Greece in 2017. After obtaining her PhD, she moved to Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK for a post-doctoral position. She worked as a lecturer at Harper Adams University, Newport, UK for two years. Evi joined the School of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Leeds in May 2021 as a Lecturer in Food Innovation.
During her career, she has collaborated with various companies (such as Arla), universities (Wageningen University), research institutes in Greece, Netherlands, Spain, and the UK. Evi has worked with UK research councils and EFSA.
- Food colloids/emulsions and the relationship between the structure and function
- Accessing the physical properties of foods by controlling fat, protein, or polysaccharides
- Novel drying techniques such as electrospinning and electrospraying: phenomena responsible for the dynamics of product formation during drying (e.g. particle structure formation)
- New product development such as creating low-fat dressings, dairy products.
- Food processing
- Encapsulation of bioactives/vitamins/minerals in different matrices (emulsions, powders)
Research groups and institutes
- Food Colloids and Processing
- Novel Food Design and Processing
- Food Colloids and Soft Matter at Interfaces