Work placements are crucial not only for our students to gain valuable hands-on and practical experience, but they can act as a graduate pipeline for fresh talent into your organisation.
Benefits to you
- Free up resources by tasking students with a short-term business project or routine tasks
- Highly motivated and fresh talent to make a positive impact on your business
- Students have up-to-date skills and current academic thinking
- Salaries locally sit between £15,000 and £20,000 per annum
- No long-term financial or time commitment
- Future investment in a potential future recruit
We provide a free service tailored to suit your needs. We offer end-to-end management of all student placements. This includes:
- Supporting you with identifying your requirements
- Providing a targeted advertising campaign
- Promoting your vacancy
- Collating CVs
- Hosting interviews in-house
- Managing the offer process
What's expected of you?
- Placements last nine to 15 months and start between June and September.
- Students should undertake a real job with appropriate responsibility.
- Students are allocated a work supervisor who’s responsible for their day-to-day work and wellbeing.
- This work supervisor should meet up with an academic member of staff at least once a year.
- Students should receive payment as they receive no other income during this period.
- Students should be classed as employees and as such be covered by relevant insurance, etc.
- Students are expected to work to the terms and conditions of staff in similar roles in the organisation.
Tessa Grant, Professional Development Manager
+44 (0)113 343 6754