- Start date: TBC
- End date: TBC
- Duration: 1 day
- Fees: £500
- Venue: Rail Delivery Group - 200 Aldersgate Street (South Building), London, EC1A 4HD
This course explains the demand forecasting principles underlying the Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook, as widely used in the UK railway industry, and provides a step-by-step guide to the forecasting procedures contained within it. A wide range of worked examples are covered and a workshop tackles a series of practical demand forecasting problems using software to apply PDFH recommendations to real-world situations.
Designed for people in the industry, these courses will develop up-to-date skills and knowledge for all transport professionals. They typically last 1-5 days and are accredited to contribute to your personal development requirements.Short courses are taught by active research staff and teachers, with external experts contributing, and are normally held at the Institute for Transport Studies. Alternate arrangements can be made to bring a course closer to you.
These courses can also help you to attain credits towards a postgraduate qualification at the University of Leeds – you will have to formally apply to be a student here, so get in touch to find out more. All courses can be tailor-made to your company’s particular needs. Please get in touch to discuss bespoke course options.
The course will cover the following:
- Outline and objectives
- Principles of demand models and brief overview of different types of model
- Elasticities and cross elasticities
- Relationships between elasticities
- Generalised Journey Time (GJT) and rooftop model
- Implicit elasticities
- Conditional and non-conditional Elasticities
- Discussion of PDFH as a forecasting framework
- Changes from previous versions of PDFH
- The effect of crowding and other service quality factors
- Worked forecasting examples
- Demand forecasting software demonstration
- Practical workshop
For further information on the course content please contact Fitsum Teklu.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for railway managers and consultants involved in rail demand and revenue forecasting.
This course has now finished. Should you have any enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Rail Delivery Group’s offices
200 Aldersgate Street (South Building)
Institute for Transport Studies
Leeds LS2 9JT
Tel: 0113 343 9904