My academic and employment journey from Pakistan to the UK
- Date: Wednesday 16 March 2022, 13:00 – 14:00
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
As part of the ITS 50th anniversary celebrations, we welcome alumnus Sanwal Ali, MSc Transport Planning and Engineering 2020 as our guest speaker today.
Access: To join the seminar please visit https://meet.goto.com/226603293
Biog: Sanwal is an experienced Civil Engineer with five years’ experience in the construction industry. He has a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, a Master’s degree in project management and graduated from ITS with his MSc Transport Planning and Engineering in 2020, with distinction. Currently he is working as a Civil Engineer in Highways division of Mott MacDonald UK in their Southampton office.
Abstract: In this talk he will discuss:
- What he did in Pakistan, experience of working with contractor as Site Engineer and Assistant Project Manager
- His experience of studying and working in the University of Leeds
- How he landed job with Motts and the resonsibilites within his current role
- How his student experience at ITS, University of Leeds, played a valuable part in his professional journey so far
- His experience of switching from working in contracting to working for a consultant
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the presentation curated by Dr Yue Huang, and everyone is encouraged to participate.
Please ensure your camera and microphone are switched off during the presentation to help preserve bandwidth and minimise any disruptions.
If you have any queries please email J.Cleaver@leeds.ac.uk
We look forward to seeing you.