Dr. Jin Liu
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Railway traffic management; Train operation and control; Railway control command and signalling; System verification and validation.
- Email: J.Liu12@leeds.ac.uk
Dr Jin Liu is a Research Fellow in the Spatial Modelling and Dynamics (SMaD) group of ITS, Leeds.
He was awarded his Ph.D. from University of Birmingham on developing multi-agent application for railway traffic management problems. Before joining ITS, he worked as a Research Associate at Future Mobility Research Group of Newcastle University. His research mainly covers modelling, analysis and optimisation of rail traffic including passenger and freight rail, railway requirement analysis, and system verification and validation. He has been working with partners in academia and industry on projects funded by Innovate UK, RSSB, EU, Simens, Network Rail and others, and has developed novel applications for real rail systems.
- Research Fellow on railway traffic management and train control
Innovate UK/RSSB: assisted Very Short Term Plan (aVSTP)<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Ph.D. in Railway Engineering, University of Birmingham
Research groups and institutes
- Spatial Modelling and Dynamics