- Position: Research Support Manager
- Email: J.M.Carder@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7524
- Location: room LG.02, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
REF support: Joanna supports the Director for Research and Innovation for the Institute's REF submission, and the University Publications policy. Joanna is the key point of contact for staff requiring assistance with the Symplectic or IRIS databases as well as Open Access and bibliometrics.
Staff Planning: Joanna is the primary contact for staff with project planning or workload queries. Using the ITS workload model as a foundation, Joanna manages the staff planning system in a fair, transparent and accurate manner to ensure that academic staff have a balanced workload.
Quality Assurance: ITS has held ISO9001 certification since 1995 which supports the Institute's bids for research funding. Joanna runs the ITS Quality Management System which provides process guidelines for the life cycle of consultancy and research projects. Joanna works closely with the Director for Research and Innovation, the Faculty Research Office and with Faculty Finance to ensure high quality management of the research portfolio.
- Staff Planning
- Quality Assurance of Research
- REF support
- BSc Biology with Maths, King's College London
- MPhil Genotoxicology, University of Bradford