Dr Li-ke Jiang
- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Spatial analysis and transport connectivity; New mobility and cities; Transport noise and soundscape; VR for environmental assessment and public participation
- Email: L.Jiang2@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3611
- Location: Room LG.01, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate
- 2018 – present: Research and Teaching Fellow / Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Transport Studies and School of Geography, University of Leeds.
- 2017 – 2018: Research Fellow, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Surrey.
- 2015 – 2016: Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher in Urban Sound Planning, Department of Architecture and Industrial Design, Second University of Naples.
Initially trained as an urban planner, with a PhD on transport noise, GIS and VR, and more recent work on transport connectivity, land value and equity, I am interested in the broad research topics of transport and living environment, using both social science (mostly quantitative) and engineering research methods.
- UKRI IAA, Testing and validating an innovative method to optimise the control strategy of diesel particulate filter (DPF) regeneration with industrial stakeholders, 2023, £22,634, Co-I.
- HS2 Ltd., HS2 job accessibility and residential property market study, 2022, £27,995, Co-I.
- ESRC IAA, Engagement towards a framework for valuing soundscape in public urban spaces, 2020, £12,681, PI.
- PhD, Environmental Planning, University of Sheffield
- BEng, Urban Planning, Tianjin University
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society with IBG (FRGS)
- Member of Institute of Acoustics (MIOA)
- Accessibility/connectivity analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Noise impact assessment
- Academic personal tutor
- Masters dissertation
- PhD supervision (as second supervisor)
Research groups and institutes
- Economics and Appraisal
- Spatial Modelling and Dynamics