Dr Zahara Batool
I joined Institute for Transport Studies in early January 2019 as a Research Fellow. Since then, I have worked on a variety of projects, including uDrive Mobile Phone Study (TRSS0004), Human Drive (RCUK Innovate UK) and uCARE (GA 815002.) I am member of Human Factors and Safety Group, a multidisciplinary team undertaking research in road safety and driver behaviour. I completed my PhD from the same research group in 2012, titled Attitudes towards road safety and aberrant behaviours of drivers in Pakistan. Following my PhD, I worked as Assistant Professor in Transport Engineering and Management, at University of Engineering & Technology Lahore, Pakistan.
My research interests are focused on attitudinal and behavioural components related to road safety and social psychology. I am also interested in the areas of transport inequalities in low and middle income economies, and interaction between transport and health and wellbeing.
- Human factors and road safety
- Attitudes and behaviour change interventions
- Transport and health
- Transport (social) inequalities in global south
- Mixed methods, qualitative methods, multivariate analyses
- PhD, Transport Safety, University of Leeds, UK
- Bsc, Transportation Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore Pakistan
I support student education in ITS through teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and dissertation supervision. I am also tutoring undergraduates in the school of geography.
Research groups and institutes
- Human Factors and Safety