- Position: Research Support Computer Officer
- Email: A.J.Horrobin@its.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7433
- Location: Room 8.235, Physics Research Deck (68 Hillary Place)
DOS, Windows (3.1/NT to Windows10), UNIX (IRIX, Linux)
C/C++ (main language), Lua (scripting).
Toolkits and APIs:
- OpenGL 2.1, Direct3D 9 and the OpenSceneGraph.
- SWIG ( generates interfaces to C/C++ for high-level languages ).
- xUnit testing framework and CppUnit.
- MFC, DirectSound, DirectInput.
- Java with Swing and Android.
- MATLAB for data reduction
- Simulink/Simpack for vehicle dynamics and multibody simulation
- Presagis Creator ( 3D modelling )
- UML ( software design )
- Apache/MySQL/PHP ( software stack used for websites )
- July 2001 - present: Research Support Computer Officer, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- Oct 1998 - 2001: Pera International
Tony provides support to research on the University of Leeds Driving Simulator. He has been involved in a number of EPSRC and EU projects. Tony is not involved in any teaching activities
- Driving Simulator programmer
- Driving Simulator operator
- Driving Simulator Maintainer
- Generative 3D modelling for synthetic worlds used in driving simulation
- Use of driver models for testing simulator scenarios
- Crossover of traffic-simulation and driving simulation
- Simulator architecture
- Automation of the simulator content pipeline
- Use of virtual environments (in the VM sense) to provide a test environment for the simulator software
- MSc, Virtual Environments, University of Salford
- BSc, Computer Science, University of Leeds
Research groups and institutes
- Human Factors and Safety