Dr Andrew Mark Tomlinson
- Position: Research Fellow (0.4FTE)
- Email: A.Tomlinson@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7193
- Location: Currently Remote Working Only
I work part time on the TRACK research project examining the risks around public transport use during the Covid pandemic. My specific work package is involved with understanding the demographic profile of users of public transport.
- 2021 to Present, Research Fellow (Part Time), Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 2018 to 2021, Simulator Facilities Manager, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 2014 to 2017, Research Assistant, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 2003 to 2009, Senior IT Project Officer, Kirklees Council, Huddersfield
- 1994 to 2003, Owner and Managing Director of Softmatics Ltd, Software Engineering and Systems House specialising in quality control and quality assurance systems for the world-wide steel manufacturing industry
- 1990 to 1994, Senior Lecturer, The School of Computing and Mathematics, The University of Huddersfield.
- 1984 to 1990, Software engineering roles within various process industries, Sheffield.
- TRACK Research Project: Transport Risk Assessment for Covid Knowledge
- PhD, Using the Academic Timetable to Influence Student Trip Making Behaviour
- MSc Transport Planning, University of Leeds
- MSc (By Research) Computer Science, University of Manchester
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science, North Staffordshire Polytechnic.
Research groups and institutes
- Human Factors and Safety