Professor Mark Wardman
- Position: Visiting Professor
- Email: M.R.Wardman@its.leeds.ac.uk
Key Research Interests
- Demand Forecasting and Elasticities
- Stated Preference Methods and Choice Modelling
- Values of Time and Service Quality Attributes
- Environmental Valuation
- Jan 2007: Director, ITS
- Dec 2004: Professor of Transport Demand Analysis, ITS
- Aug 2004: Director of Research, ITS
- Aug 1999: Reader in Transport Economics, ITS
- Aug 1997: Principal Research Fellow, ITS
- Oct 1994: Senior Research Fellow, ITS
- 1989-1994: British Rail Senior Research Fellow, ITS.
- 1988-1989: Lecturer in Quantitative Transport Economics, School of Business and Economic Studies, University of Leeds.
- 1984-1988: Research Assistance/Fellow, ITS
- B.Soc.Sc Economics University of Birmingham, 1982
- MA Transport Economics University of Leeds, 1983
- PhD Transport Economics University of Leeds, 1987
- Editorial Advisory Board, Transportation, 2008-
- Chair, Methodological Innovations Committee, European Transport Conference 1999- 2003.
- Visiting Professor School of the Built Environment, University of Ulster (2005-);
- Associate Editor, Transportation Research E.
- Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Choice Modelling 2007-
- Advisor to British Railways Passenger Demand Research Forum 1989-95.
- Advisor to Rail Passenger Demand Forecasting Subscription Service 1996-98
- Member of Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook Update Steering Committee 2001-2002
- Editor of PDFH4.1 (August 2005)
- Member of Yorkshire Water Authority Willingness to Pay Advisory Panel 2002 and 2006
- Member of DfT Peer Review Group on UK Study of Attitudes to Noise from Aviation Sources 2004-2007
- Member of Netherlands Value of Time and Reliability Study Advisory Panel 2007
- Advisor to Competition Commission on four enquiries (2004-2005)
Research Projects and Experience
- 2011: European Wide Meta-Analysis of Values of Travel Time
- 2011: Estimating the Value of a Range of Local Environmental Indicators, for Defra
- 2010: Research into Effects of Park and Ride Parking Supply on Public Transport Demand, for Transport Scotland
- 2010: Updating Elasticities of Department for Transport's Strategic Fares Model, for Department for Transport
- 2009: Projections of Future Levels of Personal Travel in Greater London, for Transport for London
- 2009: Advice on Surveys to Examine the Effectiveness and Acceptability of Measures to Encourage Cycling within Greater London, for Transport for London
- 2008: Value of Time and Elasticities Meta-Analysis, for Department for Transport
- 2008: MVA Crowding Study Peer Review, for Department for Transport
- 2008: Advisory Study into the Acceptability and Effectiveness of Road User Charging, for Transport for London
- 2007-2012: Accent Stated Preference Research Fellowship
- 2007: Station Enhancements, for Passenger Demand Forecasting Subscription Service.
- 2006-2007: M6 Toll Road Study, for Department for Transport.
- 2006-2007: External Factors Data Extension and Modelling, for Department for Transport.
- 2006: Fares Evidence in Scotland: A Review, for Transport Scotland
- 2005: National Express/Thameslink Great Northern Inquiry, for Competition Commission.
- 2005: TSU Centre Evaluation, for ESRC.
- 2005: First Group/ICEC Franchise Inquiry, for Competition Commission
- 2004: Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook Update Review, for Association of Train Operating Companies,.
- 2003-2006: Rail Research UK, EPSRC.
- 2003-2004: Generalised Journey Time Reformulation, for Association of Train Operating Companies.
- 2001-2004: Demand for Public Transport – A Practical Guide. EPSRC.
- 2001-2003: Measuring Demand for an Integrated Inter-Urban Public Transport Network EPSRC.
- 2001-2002: High Speed Line Study for Strategic Rail Authority.
- 2001: Review of Research relevant to Rail Competition for Short Haul Air Routes, for Eurocontrol.
- 2000-2001: Leeds First Project, for Northern Spirit and Railtrack
Research groups and institutes
- Economics and Appraisal