The Future Of Innovation: Autonomous Vehicles
- Date: Monday 5 July 2021, 16:00 – 17:30
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
Driving the headlines recently; autonomous vehicles (AV) won’t be taking a backseat anytime soon - but can and should we trust self-driving transportation? Who is responsible when things go wrong?
On Monday 5 July, streaming live from Nexus - we’ll be considering the current research, technology, and innovations of AV and share how businesses can support current and future activity taking place in Yorkshire, the Leeds City Region, and beyond.
During the session, and up for debate, our panel of experts will discuss:
- What are the legal and ethical ramifications associated with AV?
- Where do AV fit within society, and how can we support the safe development and adoption of such technologies in our cities?
- What are the opportunities and pitfalls of such technologies and how can we overcome them?
- What does the future hold for autonomy in transport?
Meet the panel:
Hosting the session, international keynote - Nick Reed, Founder of Reed Mobility, previous Head of Mobility R&D for Bosch, and retained visiting Professor at the 5G Innovation Centre.
Joining Nick, we welcome to the stage:
• Councillor Helen Hayden - Executive Member for Infrastructure and Climate, Leeds City Council
• John Birtwistle - Head of Policy, UK Bus at FirstGroup
• Dr. Ruth Madigan – Research Fellow, Human Factors and Safety (Institute for Transport Studies), University of Leeds
• Anna Craciun - Partnership Manager, Humanising Autonomy
• Martin Pett - Principal Technologist, Human Factors and Immersive Technology, Connected Places Catapult
For more information and to register for the event, click here.