- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: A naturalistic study of driver distraction at intersections: Analysis based on naturalistic driving data from UDRIVE
- Supervisors: Professor Oliver Carsten, Professor Samantha Jamson, Dr Daryl Hibberd
- 2011-present, Teaching & Research Assistance, Civil Engineering Department, University of Bahrain.
- 2010-2011, Road maintenance Engineer, Ministry of Works, Bahrain.
- Member of the Human Factor and Safety Group (2016 to date)
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Highway & Transportation (CIHT) (2016 to date)
- Member of the Centre of Transportation & Road Studies (CTRS) in Bahrain (2010 to date)
- Member of the Bahraini society of Engineers (2011 to date)
- Lecturer, Highway Engineering module, University of Bahrain (Undergraduate)
- Lecturer, Traffic Engineering module, University of Bahrain (Undergraduate)
- Lecturer, Surveying for Construction Projects module, University of Bahrain (Undergraduate)
- Supervision of Undergraduate final year senior projects, University of Bahrain (Undergraduate)
Research Projects and Experience
- Road safety measures at signalised junctions in Bahrain, funded by University of Bahrain, 2012-2013. Researcher.
- Prevalence and Self-regulation of Drivers' Secondary Task Engagement at Intersections: An Evaluation Using Naturalistic Driving Data , 6th International Conference on Driver Distraction and Inattention, 15-17 October 2018, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Key Research Interests
- Naturalistic driving study
- Driver behaviour, especially distraction and inattention
- Driver engagement in secondary tasks
- Safety at signalised junctions
- MSc Transport Planning and Engineering, University of Leeds, 2013
- BSc Civil Engineering, University of Bahrain, 2010
Research groups and institutes
- Human Factors and Safety