Rizal Shahurein Kamaruddin
I am a Postgraduate Researcher at the Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds. My work experience includes serving as:
Senior Training Consultant at National Institute of Public Administration, Malaysia (from April 2015 to September 2018)
- Key Areas: Journal Publication, Courses, Seminars, Regulatory Economics, Regulatory Impact Assessment, 4th Industrial Revolution Awareness Framework, Trade Analysis.
Principal Assistant Director at Ministry of International Trade & Industry, Malaysia (from October 2012 to April 2015)
- Key Areas: Market Interference & Regulatory Measures, Anti-Dumping Investigation, Countervailing Investigation, Safeguarding Investigation, Trade Performance.
Principal Assistant Secretary at Ministry of Works, Malaysia (from August 2008 to September 2011)
- Key Areas: Government Procurement, Tender, Quotation, Compliance Audit, Investigation.
Assistant Director at Prime Minister’s Department, Malaysia (from August 2006 to August 2008)
- Key Areas: Public Complaints, Event Protocol.
Assistant Director at Railway Department, Ministry of Transport, Malaysia (from February 2004 to August 2006)
- Key Areas: Performance Measurement, Licensing, Railways Act 1991, Corporate Affairs.
Management Trainee at Kontena Nasional Berhad, Malaysia (from April 2000 to April 2003)
- Key Areas: Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs Clearance.
I am interested in urban rail economics, especially on the measurement of service efficiency.
- MSc, Economic Regulation & Competition, City University, London, UK
- BSc, Marketing, Minors in Business Administration & Decision Sciences, University of Wyoming, USA