- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Development of combined transport network and epidemiological models for planning interventions
- Supervisors: Professor David Watling, Professor Susan Grant-Muller
I started my PhD at the Institute for Transport Studies in October 2021. Before this, I recently graduated with a Distinction in Mathematical Sciences from the University of York. My interest in mathematical sciences came from studying Mathematical Biology in the 3rd year of my undergraduate degree. This is the area I chose to specialise in for my MSc.
My Masters dissertation, titled Parameter Estimation for Modelling the COVID-19 Pandemic focused on the emerging Coronavirus pandemic, it was here I learnt more about the spread of disease and how various interventions can control this. I am now combining my experience of this research with Transportation Modelling, in the hopes to combine both Transport and Epidemic Models to allow for guidance for Non-pharmaceutical interventions in the future, should such situations occur again.
- Infectious Disease
- Mathematical Modelling
- Mobility Models
- MSc Mathematical Sciences, University of York
- BSc Mathematics, Keele University