Dr Thijs Dekker
- Position: Lecturer in Transport Economics
- Areas of expertise: economics; econometrics; bayesian econometrics; choice modelling; stated preference; revealed preference; nonmarket valuation; travel demand; travel behaviour
- Email: T.Dekker@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5334
- Location: Room 2.04, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
- 2014-present - Lecturer in Transport Economics, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 2013-2014 - Postdoctoral researcher, Delft University of Technology.
- 2012-2013 - Research Fellow, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- Deputy research group leader (Choice Modelling) - Institute for Transport Studies
- Assessment Lead - Institute for Transport Studies
Key Research Interests
- Advanced discrete choice models
- Applied (Bayesian) econometrics
- Transport and the environment
- Travel demand and travel behaviour research
- Valuation and Appraisal of Accessibility in Rail (VAAR): an appraisal framework for improvements in accessibility for all
- PhD in Economics, VU University Amsterdam, 2012
- MsC in Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2006 (with highest honour)
- BsC in Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2005
Research groups and institutes
- Choice Modelling