Dr Yee Mun Lee
- Position: Senior Research Fellow - Human Factors of Vehicle Automation
- Areas of expertise: driving cognition; social cognition in driving; cross-cultural effect on driving; road users' interaction; human factors; vehicle automation
- Email: Y.M.Lee@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1794
- Location: Room 2.11, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Website: Twitter | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the Human Factors & Safety Group at the Institute for Transport Studies in January 2018 as a Research Fellow. I am working on the interACT EU-funded project, which focuses on designing cooperative interaction of automated vehicles with other road users in the mixed traffic environment.
I obtained a Bsc (Hons) Psychology at the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus in 2012, as well as a PhD at the same university in 2016. My PhD focused on the cognitive aspects of driving: perception and judgment. Following my PhD, I worked as a Lecturer in Experimental Psychology at Glyndwr University.
- 2018 - present: Research Fellow - Human Factors of Vehicle Automation, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 2016 - 2017: Lecturer in Experimental Psychology, Psychology Department, Glyndwr University
- 2012 - 2016: Teaching/Research Assistant, School of Psychology, The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Research interests<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://environment.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD, Cognitive aspects of Driving, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
- BSc (Hons), Psychology, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
- Chartered Membership (CPsychol), The British Psychological Society
- Member, Experimental Psychology Society
Current teaching: I presently teach a Master Module: Engineering Psychology and Human Factors.
Past teaching experience: I was a Lecturer in Experimental Psychology (2016-2017). I was the module leader for Statistical Methods, Individual Differences, Biological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Practical Methods and undergraduate research projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Human Factors and Safety