Dr Dave Milne
- Position: Lecturer in Transport Geography
- Areas of expertise: Spatial network models of transport systems; geographic understandings of transport planning; social geography of modern mobility; historical geography of mobility since the Industrial Revolution.
- Email: D.S.Milne@its.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1967
- Location: Room 3.02, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Senior Assistant Engineer, JMP Consultants Ltd., Civil, Structural and Transportation Engineers, Leeds (1988-91).
- 1998 PhD, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 1988 MSc(Eng), Transport Planning and Engineering, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 1987 BA(Hons), Geography, School of Geography, University of Leeds.
- Leader of ITS input to EC DGVII TRANSPRICE and AFFORD projects, principally in the area of traffic and transport modelling to assess impacts of transport pricing measures;
- Extensive use of SATURN traffic model to assess network impacts of demand management policies under a series of UK Engineering and Physical Research Council funded studies;
- Use of START strategic model to investigate demand and equity impacts of road pricing in London during a UK Economic and Social Research Council funded study;
- Course Director of well established Intermediate SATURN Workshops short course, providing training in traffic modelling techniques for transport professionals.
- While with JMP Consultants: extensive application of traffic modelling techniques (especially SATURN and CONTRAM) for assessing the performance of proposed traffic schemes during studies funded by UK national and local government agencies.
- BA (Hons): Geography (School of Geography, University of Leeds, 1987)
- MSc (Eng): Transport Planning and Engineering (ITS, University of Leeds, 1988)
- PhD: Modelling The Network Effects of Urban Road User Charging (ITS, University of Leeds, 1998)
Research groups and institutes
- Spatial Modelling and Dynamics