Dr David Milne
- Position: Lecturer (Teaching & Scholarship)
- Email: D.S.Milne@its.leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6616
- Location: Room 3.02, Institute for Transport Studies (34-40 University Road)
- Senior Assistant Engineer, JMP Consultants Ltd., Civil, Structural and Transportation Engineers, Leeds (1988-91).
- 1998 PhD, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 1988 MSc(Eng), Transport Planning and Engineering, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- 1987 BA(Hons), Geography, School of Geography, University of Leeds.
- Leader of ITS input to EC DGVII TRANSPRICE and AFFORD projects, principally in the area of traffic and transport modelling to assess impacts of transport pricing measures;
- Extensive use of SATURN traffic model to assess network impacts of demand management policies under a series of UK Engineering and Physical Research Council funded studies;
- Use of START strategic model to investigate demand and equity impacts of road pricing in London during a UK Economic and Social Research Council funded study;
- Course Director of well established Intermediate SATURN Workshops short course, providing training in traffic modelling techniques for transport professionals.
- While with JMP Consultants: extensive application of traffic modelling techniques (especially SATURN and CONTRAM) for assessing the performance of proposed traffic schemes during studies funded by UK national and local government agencies.
Research groups and institutes
- Spatial Modelling and Dynamics