Our Industrial Advisory Committee comprises of external experts from the transport industry, working in partnership with the Institute for Transport Studies to ensure our teaching meets the needs of the sector.
In a time of rapid change, we must work in collaboration with industry experts to harness new technologies and identify real-world skills gaps. We worked together with some of the industry’s most respected experts to ensure our graduates combine cutting edge theory with hands-on practice, and enter the work force armed with the following skills:
• a strong focus on industry needs
• a deep understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature of transport
• a holistic overview of transport problems and approaches to policy formulation
• real hands-on experience of what’s like to work in the transport sector with a newly launched industry-inspired integrated project.
The Advisory Committee has worked in partnership with the Institute for Transport Studies to develop a new suite of Masters degrees that meet the needs of our students and industry. This has ensured a close alignment between teaching, research and our sector’s requirements. The changes address identified skills gaps in the transport sector and will provide an upskilled graduate workforce, able to tackle head-on the future challenges in this fast-changing sector.
Nigel Foster, Fore Consulting and Chair of the Institute for Transport Studies' Industrial Advisory Committee.
- Graham Pendlebury - Department for Transport
- Jonathan Pugh - Network Rail
- Sarah Kendall - Kendall Wallace LTD
- Alastair Gordon - ARUP
- Kate Morris - AECOM
- Rob Sheldon - Accent
- Liz Hunter – WYCA
- Andrew Hall - LCC
- Neil Fleming - Department for Transport
- Richard Davies - Department for Transport
- Nicola Kane - TfGM
- Philip Graham - National Infrastructure Commission
- Tony Magee - Rail Delivery Group
- Michael Hart - VIX Technology
- Beata Szoboszlai - Transport Systems Catapult
- Keith McNally - CPT East Midlands & Yorkshire
- Tom Van Vuren - Mott MacDonald
- Paul Roberts - former transport planning practioner at WYCA
- Craig Harrop - Northern Rail
- Darren Higgins - First TransPennine Express
- Richard Marshall - Highways England
- Vernon Barker - Siemens Rail Systems
- Richard Allan - Arriva North Rail