Ejiro Matilda Ikoko
- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: The Challenge of Creating an Inclusive Multimodal Mobility as a Service (MaaS): A Case Study of Three Vulnerable Groups (Women, Elderly and People with Limb Disabilities) in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Supervisors: Dr Paul Timms, Dr Caroline Mullen
In October 2021, I commenced my postgraduate research degree with the Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds, sponsored by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. My PhD project, The Challenge of Creating an Inclusive Mobility as a Service (MaaS), seeks to identify and understand what makes an Inclusive MaaS for three vulnerable groups (Women, Elderly, Persons with Limb Disabilities) in the global south, specifically, Lagos, Nigeria.
In 2014, I completed my Bachelor’s degree in Transport Management Technology, winning prizes for Best Graduating Student in Transport from a Nigerian university, Deans Award for Best Graduating Student in the Faculty, FUTO Women Award for Best Graduating Student in the Department. I also emerged second position in the Young Professionals Chartered Institute for Logistic and Transport (CILT) debate in Nigeria.
I have worked as:
- An Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Transport and Logistic Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri where I lectured in Transport courses and participated in research.
- A Research Assistant in the UK Research and Innovation Global Challenges Research Fund/ Newton Fund Agile Response to Covid-19 Project, where I Supervised Traffic Surveyors and Participated in the organization of Workshop
- A Lecturer at RIBS Business School, where I taught Warehouse Management, and Transport Planning
- A Research Assistant at Ebonyi State University where I conducted a study to improve on the University Transport System
- An Intern at Nigeria Shippers Council, and Aero Contractor Nigeria, where I assisted in projects, and daily operations.
- Mobility as a Service
- Multimodal Transport
- Transferability of Policies / Models between geographical locations
- Smart Urban Mobility
- Diploma in Shipping and Export Management (2007), Lagos Aviation and Maritime Business School
- Higher Diploma in Shipping and Logistic Management (2009), Nigeria Institute of Shipping
- Postgraduate Diploma in Transport Planning (2010), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- B.Tech. (Hons) in Transport Management Technology (2014) Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- MSc in Transport Planning (2020), University of Leeds