Jointly funded staff positions between the Met Office and the University of Leeds provide the foundation for the partnership.
- Professor John Marsham is the Met Office Joint Chair at Leeds and Chair of the Academic Partnership.
- Professor Paul Field is Met Office Science Fellow and Professor of Climate and Weather Science at Leeds.
- Professor Jason Lowe is Priestley International Centre for Climate Chair, the Head of Climate Services and Deputy Director at the Met Office Hadley Centre.
- Professor Simon Vosper is a Visiting Professor of Atmospheric Dynamics. He is the Executive Director of Meteorological Science at the Met Office, leading the Science programme and strategy.
- Professor Sean Milton is a Visiting Professor of Seamless Model Development. He is Associate Director of Foundation Science at the Met Office.
- Professor Jon Petch is a Visiting Professor of Weather and Climate Modelling. Jon is Associate Director of Weather Science, overseeing research and activities to deliver improved services.
- Professor Cath Senior is a Visiting Professor of Climate Science. She is Principal Fellow: Path-to-High-Resolution, at the Met Office
Leeds Met Office Strategic Research Group
The Partnership is supported by the University of Leeds Met Office Strategic (LUMOS) Research Group which has a number of shared posts. LUMOS provides capability for end-to-end research into the development and use of atmospheric and climate science for socio-economic impact, with a focus on Met Office model.
LUMOS is made up of the following staff:
- Dr Richard Keane is a Met Office Senior Scientist and Research Fellow, working on scale interactions in the water cycle.
- Dr Steven Boeing is a Research Fellow specialising in fluid dynamics and thermodynamics of moist convection.
- Dr Steven Turnock is a Met Office Senior Scientist, studying the interaction of air pollutants with climate.
- Dr Leighton Regayre, Research Fellow on aerosol evaluation
- Dr Nadhir Ben Rached is an Associate Professor in Applied Statistics
- Dr Sarah Jenkins, Lecturer in Applied Decision Making
- Dr Neha Mittal, Met Office Senior Climate Services Scientist
- Dr Chris Smith is a senior research fellow focusing on climate change mitigation pathways
- Dr Dan Grosvenor Atmospheric Composition Climate Scientist (Senior Scientist)
Met Office staff commonly take the opportunity to visit the University of Leeds, to conduct research, as part of their Continuing Professional Development programme, or within joint research projects.