- Start date: 1 October 2010
- End date: 30 September 2011
- Primary investigator: Dr Paul Norman
Population projections of future populations by ethnic group are a "necessary element in the armoury of available national demographic data" (Haskey 2002: viii). These aid provision of appropriate housing and language support and inform political and social science debates.
In ESRC project (RES- 165-25-0032) we developed a demographic model to project the ethnic populations of the UK’s local areas with the results portraying how ethnic diversity may change up to mid-century. This 'follow-on' project aims to increase the impact of our research by:
- Providing the widest possible access to an understanding of the project outputs
- Ensuring the validity and quality of the project outputs
- Enhancing the skills and knowledge of users of demographic data.
During this project we will:
- Make data available through a web interface from which users can download our projection outputs
- Make project results accessible to users of POPGROUP and SASPAC systems
- Update component estimates using the latest available demographic data, consult with users and experts and get feedback on methods and outputs
- Skill people in projection methods through a summer school and conference and develop training materials into a textbook
- Disseminate analyses by developing innovative illustrations of population-related data
Population projections by ethnic group from 2001 - 2051
Access our data outputs via: http://www.ehtnopop.org/