- Start date: 1 October 2017
- End date: 1 October 2020
- Funder: NERC
- Primary investigator: Professor Ken Carslaw
External co-investigator: Ben Booth, Met Office
Postgraduate student: Amy Peace
The aim of this PhD project is to quantify how changes in aerosol emissions will affect future climate projections. The project tackles three main questions:
- What are the main causes of uncertainty in aerosol effects on regional and global climate?
- How much can the uncertainty realistically be reduced by constraining aerosol and cloud model processes using observations?
- What effect does narrowing the range of aerosol forcing considered plausible imply for future projections?
The project is a collaboration with the Met Office Climate Projections group.