HiTRANS Mobility as a Service (Maas) II - Evaluation
- Start date: 1 April 2022
- End date: 31 March 2023
- Funder: Transport Scotland (HESA Cat 3 - UK Central Government, Local Health and Hospital Authorities)
- Value: £74,507
- Partners and collaborators: HITRANS, FOD Mobility Group, Enterprise Car Club and Car Hire, Arcadis, SkedGo
- Primary investigator: Dr Kate Pangbourne
- Co-investigators: Dr Malcolm Morgan
- External co-investigators: Project Lead: Ranald Robertson (HITRANS)
ITS is leading the Evaluation work package for this second stage funding of the Go-Hi app, a groundbreaking Mobility as a Service (MaaS) platform, launched in June 2021 by the Highlands and Islands Transport Partnership (HITRANS). Its aim is to improve accessibility to integrated transport services for residents, tourists and business travellers in Scotland’s Highlands and Islands regions and beyond.
Through the evaluation activities we will be better able to understand the challenges of integrating a range of transport services from different operators into a single platform from the perspective of the platform provides, the involved transport authorities and the transport service providers.
We will also be able to understand how people respond to the technology in terms of any impacts on travel behaviour, the potential for carbon savings over time if widespread adoption can be achieved in future and whether the data that MaaS products generate can be useful for operators in targeting future investment in expanding services.